At Hubb Plumbing, we believe that limited resources on this planet make water and energy conservation extremely important. But, when it comes to plumbing, “going green” can also save you some of the other kind of green. Here are six easy green plumbing tips that you can do right now:
- Fix Leaky Faucets– Enduring leaks are one of the biggest causes of wasted water. A little drip can end up costing you money and wasting more than gallons water a day. Some leaks are simple fixes you can do yourself, but others may require professional help.
- Update your Shower and Faucet Heads – Modern fixtures are lower flow, designed to increase pressure and decrease volume, so you use less water each time you use them.
- Rainwater Harvesting –Metro Atlanta gets plenty of rain this spring, so it is a perfect time to reserve some free water from above. Rain barrels attached to the gutters on your house can be the gift that keeps on giving in the drier months – especially because rainwater is more nourishing for your garden than faucet water.
- Pipe Insulation – Covering pipes in exterior walls will keep water warmer in the colder months, preventing high energy expenditures and long running times to heat water in your home.
- On-Demand Water Heaters – Because tankless heaters only kick on when you need them, instead of constantly running to keep water hot, you save lots of energy!
- Turn Down the Temperature on your Water heater – If you are not ready to switch appliances, simply turning down the water heater 5 degrees will save loads on your power bill. More than likely you will not even notice the adjustment in the shower!
You do not have stop there. For a personal home assessment for how to make your plumbing system environmentally and wallet friendly, contact Hubb Plumbing today.